Synonyms for divider
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. splitter, divider, taxonomist, taxonomer, systematist
- usage: a taxonomist who classifies organisms into many groups on the basis of relatively minor characteristics
- 2. divider, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: a person who separates something into parts or groups
- 3. partition, divider, structure, construction
- usage: a vertical structure that divides or separates (as a wall divides one room from another)
- 4. divider, drafting instrument
- usage: a drafting instrument resembling a compass that is used for dividing lines into equal segments or for transferring measurements