Synonyms for diviner
- 1. diviner, visionary, illusionist, seer
- usage: someone who claims to discover hidden knowledge with the aid of supernatural powers
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. divine, godly, heavenly (vs. earthly)
- usage: emanating from God; "divine judgment"; "divine guidance"; "everything is black or white...satanic or godly"-Saturday Review
- 2. providential, divine, heavenly (vs. earthly)
- usage: resulting from divine providence; "providential care"; "a providential visitation"
- 3. divine, godlike, heavenly (vs. earthly)
- usage: being or having the nature of a god; "the custom of killing the divine king upon any serious failure of his...powers"-J.G.Frazier; "the divine will"; "the divine capacity for love"; "'Tis wise to learn; 'tis God-like to create"-J.G.Saxe
- 4. divine, sacred (vs. profane)
- usage: devoted to or in the service or worship of a deity; "divine worship"; "divine liturgy"
- 5. divine, godlike, superhuman (vs. subhuman)
- usage: appropriate to or befitting a god; "the divine strength of Achilles"; "a man of godlike sagacity"; "man must play God for he has acquired certain godlike powers"-R.H.Roveref
- 6. divine, elysian, inspired, glorious (vs. inglorious)
- usage: being of such surpassing excellence as to suggest inspiration by the gods; "her pies were simply divine"; "the divine Shakespeare"; "an elysian meal"; "an inspired performance"