Synonyms for doom
- 1. doom, doomsday, day of reckoning, end of the world, destiny, fate
- usage: an unpleasant or disastrous destiny; "everyone was aware of the approaching doom but was helpless to avoid it"; "that's unfortunate but it isn't the end of the world"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. destine, fate, doom, designate, ordain
- usage: decree or designate beforehand; "She was destined to become a great pianist"
- 2. sentence, condemn, doom, declare
- usage: pronounce a sentence on (somebody) in a court of law; "He was condemned to ten years in prison"
- 3. doom, guarantee, ensure, insure, assure, secure
- usage: make certain of the failure or destruction of; "This decision will doom me to lose my position"
See also: doom (Dictionary)