Synonyms for door
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. door, movable barrier
- usage: a swinging or sliding barrier that will close the entrance to a room or building or vehicle; "he knocked on the door"; "he slammed the door as he left"
- 2. doorway, door, room access, threshold, entrance, entranceway, entryway, entry, entree
- usage: the entrance (the space in a wall) through which you enter or leave a room or building; the space that a door can close; "he stuck his head in the doorway"
- 3. door, entree, access, accession, admission, admittance
- usage: anything providing a means of access (or escape); "we closed the door to Haitian immigrants"; "education is the door to success"
- 4. door, structure, construction
- usage: a structure where people live or work (usually ordered along a street or road); "the office next door"; "they live two doors up the street from us"
- 5. door, room
- usage: a room that is entered via a door; "his office is the third door down the hall on the left"
See also: door (Dictionary)