Synonyms for doorkeeper
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. usher, doorkeeper, official, functionary
- usage: an official stationed at the entrance of a courtroom or legislative chamber
- 2. doorkeeper, ostiary, ostiarius, clergyman, reverend, man of the cloth, Holy Order, Order
- usage: the lowest of the minor Holy Orders in the unreformed Western Church but now suppressed by the Roman Catholic Church
- 3. doorkeeper, doorman, door guard, hall porter, porter, gatekeeper, ostiary, guard
- usage: someone who guards an entrance