Synonyms for dope
- 1. pot, grass, green goddess, dope, weed, gage, sess, sens, smoke, skunk, locoweed, Mary Jane, cannabis, marijuana, marihuana, ganja
- usage: street names for marijuana
- 2. dumbbell, dummy, dope, boob, booby, pinhead, simpleton, simple
- usage: an ignorant or foolish person
- 3. cola, dope, soft drink
- usage: carbonated drink flavored with extract from kola nuts (`dope' is a southernism in the United States)
- 4. dope, poop, the skinny, low-down, details, inside information
- usage: slang terms for inside information; "is that the straight dope?"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. dope, drug, do drugs
- usage: take drugs to improve one's athletic performance
- 2. dope, change, alter, modify
- usage: add impurities to (a semiconductor) in order to produce or modify its properties; "The resistors have been doped"
- 3. dope, dope up, drug, dose
- usage: give a narcotic to; "The athletes were dope by the coach before the race"
See also: dope (Dictionary)