Synonyms for doubler
- 1. doubler, electronic device
- usage: an electronic device that doubles the voltage or the frequency of an input signal
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. double, dual, twofold, two-fold, treble, threefold, three-fold, multiple (vs. single)
- usage: having more than one decidedly dissimilar aspects or qualities; "a double (or dual) role for an actor"; "the office of a clergyman is twofold; public preaching and private influence"- R.W.Emerson; "every episode has its double and treble meaning"-Frederick Harrison
- 2. double, dual, duple, multiple (vs. single)
- usage: consisting of or involving two parts or components usually in pairs; "an egg with a double yolk"; "a double (binary) star"; "double doors"; "dual controls for pilot and copilot"; "duple (or double) time consists of two (or a multiple of two) beats to a measure"
- 3. double, doubled, twofold, two-fold, multiple (vs. single)
- usage: twice as great or many; "ate a double portion"; "the dose is doubled"; "a twofold increase"
- 4. double (vs. single)
- usage: used of flowers having more than the usual number of petals in crowded or overlapping arrangements; "double chrysanthemums have many rows of petals and are usually spherical or hemispherical"
- 5. bivalent (vs. multivalent) (vs. univalent), double
- usage: used of homologous chromosomes associated in pairs in synapsis
- 6. double, large (vs. small), big (vs. little)
- usage: large enough for two; "a double bed"; "a double room"
- 7. double, forked, equivocal (vs. unequivocal), ambiguous
- usage: having two meanings with intent to deceive; "a sly double meaning"; "spoke with forked tongue"