Synonyms for dowdy
- 1. Dowding, Hugh Dowding, Baron Hugh Caswall Tremenheere Dowding, Dowdy
- usage: British marshal of the RAF who commanded the British air defense forces that defeated the Luftwaffe during the Battle of Britain (1882-1970)
- 2. dowdy, pandowdy, pastry
- usage: deep-dish apple dessert covered with a rich crust
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. dowdy, styleless (vs. stylish), unstylish
- usage: lacking in smartness or taste; "a dowdy grey outfit"; "a clean and sunny but completely dowdy room"
- 2. dowdy, frumpy, frumpish, unfashionable (vs. fashionable), unstylish
- usage: primly out of date; "nothing so frumpish as last year's gambling game"
See also: dowdy (Dictionary)