Synonyms for downfall
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. downfall, ruin, ruination, failure
- usage: failure that results in a loss of position or reputation
- 2. precipitation, downfall, weather, weather condition, conditions, atmospheric condition
- usage: the falling to earth of any form of water (rain or snow or hail or sleet or mist)
- 3. fall, downfall, weakening
- usage: a sudden decline in strength or number or importance; "the fall of the House of Hapsburg"