Synonyms for dramatic
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. dramatic (vs. undramatic), melodramatic, spectacular, hammy
- usage: suitable to or characteristic of drama; "a dramatic entrance in a swirling cape"; "a dramatic rescue at sea"
- 2. dramatic, spectacular, striking, impressive (vs. unimpressive)
- usage: sensational in appearance or thrilling in effect; "a dramatic sunset"; "a dramatic pause"; "a spectacular display of northern lights"; "it was a spectacular play"; "his striking good looks always created a sensation"
- 3. dramatic
- usage: pertaining to or characteristic of drama; "dramatic arts"
- 4. dramatic (vs. lyric)
- usage: used of a singer or singing voice that is marked by power and expressiveness and a histrionic or theatrical style; "a dramatic tenor"; "a dramatic soprano"