Synonyms for draw-in
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. draw in, retract, attract, pull, pull in, draw, draw in
- usage: pull inward or towards a center; "The pilot drew in the landing gear"; "The cat retracted his claws"
- 2. attract, pull, pull in, draw, draw in, pull, draw, force
- usage: direct toward itself or oneself by means of some psychological power or physical attributes; "Her good looks attract the stares of many men"; "The ad pulled in many potential customers"; "This pianist pulls huge crowds"; "The store owner was happy that the ad drew in many new customers"
- 3. curl up, curl, draw in, bend, flex
- usage: shape one's body into a curl; "She curled farther down under the covers"; "She fell and drew in"
- 4. close in, draw in, advance, progress, pass on, move on, march on, go on
- usage: advance or converge on; "The police were closing in on him"
- 5. pull in, get in, move in, draw in, arrive, get, come
- usage: of trains; move into (a station); "The bullet train drew into Tokyo Station"
- 6. suck in, draw in, hollow, hollow out, core out
- usage: draw in as if by suction; "suck in your cheeks and stomach"