Synonyms for drawn-out
- 1. draw out, reach out
- usage: cause to speak, "Can you draw her out--she is always so quiet"
- 2. prolong, protract, extend, draw out, lengthen
- usage: lengthen in time; cause to be or last longer; "We prolonged our stay"; "She extended her visit by another day"; "The meeting was drawn out until midnight"
- 3. draw out, encourage
- usage: make more sociable; "The therapist drew out the shy girl"
- 4. educe, evoke, elicit, extract, draw out, interpret, construe, see
- usage: deduce (a principle) or construe (a meaning); "We drew out some interesting linguistic data from the native informant"
- 5. aspirate, draw out, suck out, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove as if by suction; "aspirate the wound"
- 6. extract, pull out, pull, pull up, take out, draw out, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove, usually with some force or effort; also used in an abstract sense; "pull weeds"; "extract a bad tooth"; "take out a splinter"; "extract information from the telegram"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. drawn-out, extended, lengthy, prolonged, protracted, long (vs. short)
- usage: relatively long in duration; tediously protracted; "a drawn-out argument"; "an extended discussion"; "a lengthy visit from her mother-in-law"; "a prolonged and bitter struggle"; "protracted negotiations"
- 2. drawn-out, slow (vs. fast)
- usage: (used of speech) uttered slowly with prolonged vowels