Synonyms for dredge
- 1. dredge, power shovel, excavator, digger, shovel
- usage: a power shovel to remove material from a channel or riverbed
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. dredge, coat, surface
- usage: cover before cooking; "dredge the chicken in flour before frying it"
- 2. dredge, drag, search, seek, look for
- usage: search (as the bottom of a body of water) for something valuable or lost
- 3. dredge, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove with a power shovel, usually from a bottom of a body of water