Synonyms for drenched
- 1. swamp, drench, flood
- usage: drench or submerge or be drenched or submerged; "The tsunami swamped every boat in the harbor"
- 2. drench, provide, supply, ply, cater
- usage: force to drink
- 3. imbrue, drench, impregnate, saturate
- usage: permeate or impregnate; "The war drenched the country in blood"
- 4. drench, douse, dowse, soak, sop, souse, wet
- usage: cover with liquid; pour liquid onto; "souse water on his hot face"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. drenched, drenched in, covered (vs. bare)
- usage: abundantly covered or supplied with; often used in combination; "drenched in moonlight"; "moon-drenched meadows"