Synonyms for dried-up
- 1. exsiccate, dehydrate, dry up, desiccate, dry, dry out
- usage: lose water or moisture; "In the desert, you get dehydrated very quickly"
- 2. mummify, dry up, shrivel, shrivel up, shrink, wither
- usage: dry up and shrivel due to complete loss of moisture; "a mummified body was found"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. dried-up, sere, sear, shriveled, shrivelled, withered, dry (vs. wet)
- usage: (used especially of vegetation) having lost all moisture; "dried-up grass"; "the desert was edged with sere vegetation"; "shriveled leaves on the unwatered seedlings"; "withered vines"
- 2. dried-up, dry (vs. wet)
- usage: depleted of water; "a dried-up water hole"