Synonyms for drowsing
- 1. snooze, drowse, doze, nap, catnap, catch a wink
- usage: sleep lightly or for a short period of time
- 2. drowse, rest
- usage: be on the verge of sleeping; "The students were drowsing in the 8 AM class"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. drowsy, drowsing(prenominal), dozy, asleep(predicate) (vs. awake)
- usage: half asleep; "made drowsy by the long ride"; "it seemed a pity to disturb the drowsing (or dozing) professor"; "a tired dozy child"; "the nodding (or napping) grandmother in her rocking chair"