Synonyms for dual
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. double, dual, duple, multiple (vs. single)
- usage: consisting of or involving two parts or components usually in pairs; "an egg with a double yolk"; "a double (binary) star"; "double doors"; "dual controls for pilot and copilot"; "duple (or double) time consists of two (or a multiple of two) beats to a measure"
- 2. double, dual, twofold, two-fold, treble, threefold, three-fold, multiple (vs. single)
- usage: having more than one decidedly dissimilar aspects or qualities; "a double (or dual) role for an actor"; "the office of a clergyman is twofold; public preaching and private influence"- R.W.Emerson; "every episode has its double and treble meaning"-Frederick Harrison
- 3. dual, plural (vs. singular)
- usage: a grammatical number category referring to two items or units as opposed to one item (singular) or more than two items (plural); "ancient Greek had the dual form but it has merged with the plural form in modern Greek"
See also: dual (Dictionary)