Synonyms for duck
- 1. duck, anseriform bird
- usage: small wild or domesticated web-footed broad-billed swimming bird usually having a depressed body and short legs
- 2. duck, duck's egg, score
- usage: (cricket) a score of nothing by a batsman
- 3. duck, poultry
- usage: flesh of a duck (domestic or wild)
- 4. duck, fabric, cloth, material, textile
- usage: a heavy cotton fabric of plain weave; used for clothing and tents
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. duck, move
- usage: to move (the head or body) quickly downwards or away; "Before he could duck, another stone struck him"
- 2. duck, dive, plunge, plunk
- usage: submerge or plunge suddenly
- 3. dip, douse, duck, dunk, dip, souse, plunge, douse
- usage: dip into a liquid; "He dipped into the pool"
- 4. hedge, fudge, evade, put off, circumvent, parry, elude, skirt, dodge, duck, sidestep, avoid
- usage: avoid or try to avoid fulfilling, answering, or performing (duties, questions, or issues); "He dodged the issue"; "she skirted the problem"; "They tend to evade their responsibilities"; "he evaded the questions skillfully"
See also: duck (Dictionary)