Synonyms for dullness
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. dullness, obtuseness, stupidity
- usage: the quality of being slow to understand
- 2. dullness, uninterestingness
- usage: the quality of lacking interestingness; "the stories were of a dullness to bring a buffalo to its knees"
- 3. dullness, visual property
- usage: a lack of visual brightness; "the brightness of the orange sky was reflected in the dullness of the orange sea"
- 4. dullness, unfeelingness, callousness, callosity, hardness, insensibility
- usage: lack of sensibility; "there was a dullness in his heart"; "without him the dullness of her life crept into her work no matter how she tried to compartmentalize it."
- 5. dullness, bluntness, shape, form, configuration, contour, conformation
- usage: without sharpness or clearness of edge or point; "the dullness of the pencil made his writing illegible"