Synonyms for dummy
- 1. dummy, silent person, mute, deaf-mute, deaf-and-dumb person
- usage: a person who does not talk
- 2. dumbbell, dummy, dope, boob, booby, pinhead, simpleton, simple
- usage: an ignorant or foolish person
- 3. dummy, figure
- usage: a figure representing the human form
- 4. blank, dummy, blank shell, cartridge
- usage: a cartridge containing an explosive charge but no bullet
- 1. dummy, dummy up, produce, make, create
- usage: make a dummy of; "dummy up the books that are to be published"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. dummy, artificial (vs. natural), unreal
- usage: having the appearance of being real but lacking capacity to function; "a dummy corporation"
See also: dummy (Dictionary)