Synonyms for ear
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. ear, sense organ, sensory receptor, receptor
- usage: the sense organ for hearing and equilibrium
- 2. ear, hearing, audition, auditory sense, sense of hearing, auditory modality
- usage: good hearing; "he had a keen ear"; "a good ear for pitch"
- 3. auricle, pinna, ear, cartilaginous structure
- usage: the externally visible cartilaginous structure of the external ear
- 4. ear, attention, attending
- usage: attention to what is said; "he tried to get her ear"
- 5. ear, spike, capitulum, fruit
- usage: fruiting spike of a cereal plant especially corn
See also: ear (Dictionary)