Synonyms for earthnut
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. truffle, earthnut, earth-ball, fungus
- usage: any of various highly prized edible subterranean fungi of the genus Tuber; grow naturally in southwestern Europe
- 2. earthnut, Conopodium denudatum, herb, herbaceous plant
- usage: a common European plant having edible tubers with the flavor of roasted chestnuts
- 3. peanut, earthnut, goober, goober pea, groundnut, monkey nut, edible nut
- usage: pod of the peanut vine containing usually 2 nuts or seeds; `groundnut' and `monkey nut' are British terms
- 4. truffle, earthnut, vegetable, veggie, veg
- usage: edible subterranean fungus of the genus Tuber