Synonyms for eaten-up
- 1. eat up, finish, polish off, eat
- usage: finish eating all the food on one's plate or on the table; "She polished off the remaining potatoes"
- 2. consume, eat up, use up, eat, deplete, exhaust, run through, wipe out, spend, expend, drop
- usage: use up (resources or materials); "this car consumes a lot of gas"; "We exhausted our savings"; "They run through 20 bottles of wine a week"
- 3. immerse, swallow, swallow up, bury, eat up, enclose, inclose, shut in
- usage: enclose or envelop completely, as if by swallowing; "The huge waves swallowed the small boat and it sank shortly thereafter"
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. devoured, eaten up(predicate), eaten (vs. uneaten)
- usage: destroyed or wasted as if by eating; "forests devoured by flame"; "an inheritance eaten up by debt"