Synonyms for ebony
- 1. coal black, ebony, jet black, pitch black, sable, soot black, black, blackness, inkiness
- usage: a very dark black
- 2. ebony, wood
- usage: hard dark-colored heartwood of the ebony tree; used in cabinetwork and for piano keys
- 3. ebony, ebony tree, Diospyros ebenum, tree
- usage: tropical tree of southern Asia having hard dark-colored heartwood used in cabinetwork
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. ebon, ebony, achromatic (vs. chromatic), neutral
- usage: of a very dark black
See also: ebony (Dictionary)