Synonyms for economic
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. economic, economical
- usage: of or relating to an economy, the system of production and management of material wealth; "economic growth"; "aspects of social, political, and economical life"
- 2. economic
- usage: of or relating to the science of economics; "economic theory"
- 3. economic, economical, efficient (vs. inefficient)
- usage: using the minimum of time or resources necessary for effectiveness; "an economic use of home heating oil"; "a modern economical heating system"; "an economical use of her time"
- 4. economic, worldly (vs. unworldly), secular, temporal
- usage: concerned with worldly necessities of life (especially money); "he wrote the book primarily for economic reasons"; "gave up the large house for economic reasons"; "in economic terms they are very privileged"
- 5. economic, profitable (vs. unprofitable)
- usage: financially rewarding; "it was no longer economic to keep the factory open"; "have to keep prices high enough to make it economic to continue the service"