Synonyms for education
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. education, instruction, teaching, pedagogy, didactics, educational activity, activity
- usage: the activities of educating or instructing; activities that impart knowledge or skill; "he received no formal education"; "our instruction was carefully programmed"; "good classroom teaching is seldom rewarded"
- 2. education, content, cognitive content, mental object
- usage: knowledge acquired by learning and instruction; "it was clear that he had a very broad education"
- 3. education, learning, acquisition
- usage: the gradual process of acquiring knowledge; "education is a preparation for life"; "a girl's education was less important than a boy's"
- 4. education, profession
- usage: the profession of teaching (especially at a school or college or university)
- 5. education, training, breeding, upbringing
- usage: the result of good upbringing (especially knowledge of correct social behavior); "a woman of breeding and refinement"
- 6. Department of Education, Education Department, Education, executive department
- usage: the United States federal department that administers all federal programs dealing with education (including federal aid to educational institutions and students); created 1979