Synonyms for elan
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. ardor, ardour, elan, zeal, eagerness, avidity, avidness, keenness
- usage: a feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause); "they were imbued with a revolutionary ardor"; "he felt a kind of religious zeal"
- 2. dash, elan, flair, panache, style, elegance
- usage: distinctive and stylish elegance; "he wooed her with the confident dash of a cavalry officer"
- 3. elan, liveliness, life, spirit, sprightliness
- usage: enthusiastic and assured vigor and liveliness; "a performance of great elan and sophistication"