Synonyms for electric-shock
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. electric shock, corporal punishment, torture, torturing
- usage: the use of electricity to administer punishment or torture; "they used cattle prods to administer electric shocks"
- 2. electric shock, injury, hurt, harm, trauma
- usage: trauma caused by the passage of electric current through the body (as from contact with high voltage lines or being struck by lightning); usually involves burns and abnormal heart rhythm and unconsciousness
- 3. electric shock, electrical shock, shock, reflex, reflex response, reflex action, instinctive reflex, innate reflex, inborn reflex, unconditioned reflex, physiological reaction
- usage: a reflex response to the passage of electric current through the body; "subjects received a small electric shock when they made the wrong response"; "electricians get accustomed to occasional shocks"