Synonyms for elimination
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. elimination, riddance, removal, remotion
- usage: the act of removing or getting rid of something
- 2. elimination, evacuation, excretion, excreting, voiding, discharge, emission, expelling
- usage: the bodily process of discharging waste matter
- 3. elimination, reasoning by elimination, analysis, analytic thinking
- usage: analysis of a problem into alternative possibilities followed by the systematic rejection of unacceptable alternatives
- 4. elimination, removal, remotion
- usage: the act of removing an unknown mathematical quantity by combining equations
- 5. elimination, liquidation, murder, slaying, execution
- usage: the murder of a competitor