Synonyms for elk
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. elk, European elk, moose, Alces alces, deer, cervid
- usage: large northern deer with enormous flattened antlers in the male; called `elk' in Europe and `moose' in North America
- 2. wapiti, elk, American elk, Cervus elaphus canadensis, deer, cervid
- usage: large North American deer with large much-branched antlers in the male
- 3. red deer, elk, American elk, wapiti, Cervus elaphus, deer, cervid
- usage: common deer of temperate Europe and Asia
See also: elk (Dictionary)