Synonyms for embedded
- 1. implant, engraft, embed, imbed, plant, insert, infix, enter, introduce
- usage: fix or set securely or deeply; "He planted a knee in the back of his opponent"; "The dentist implanted a tooth in the gum"
- 2. embed, group, aggroup
- usage: attach to, as a journalist to a military unit when reporting on a war; "The young reporter was embedded with the Third Division"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. embedded, enclosed (vs. unenclosed)
- usage: enclosed firmly in a surrounding mass; "found pebbles embedded in the silt"; "stone containing many embedded fossils"; "peach and plum seeds embedded in a sweet edible pulp"
- 2. embedded, integrated (vs. nonintegrated)
- usage: inserted as an integral part of a surrounding whole; "confused by the embedded Latin quotations"; "an embedded subordinate clause"