Synonyms for embodied
- 1. incarnate, body forth, embody, substantiate, be
- usage: represent in bodily form; "He embodies all that is evil wrong with the system"; "The painting substantiates the feelings of the artist"
- 2. embody, be, personify, typify, symbolize, symbolise, stand for, represent
- usage: represent, as of a character on stage; "Derek Jacobi was Hamlet"
- 3. embody, represent
- usage: represent or express something abstract in tangible form; "This painting embodies the feelings of the Romantic period"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. bodied, corporal, corporate, embodied, incarnate, corporeal (vs. incorporeal), material
- usage: possessing or existing in bodily form; "what seemed corporal melted as breath into the wind"- Shakespeare; "an incarnate spirit"; "`corporate' is an archaic term"