Synonyms for embracing
- 1. embrace, embracing, embracement, clasp, clench, clutch, clutches, grasp, grip, hold
- usage: the act of clasping another person in the arms (as in greeting or affection)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. embrace, encompass, comprehend, cover, include
- usage: include in scope; include as part of something broader; have as one's sphere or territory; "This group encompasses a wide range of people from different backgrounds"; "this should cover everyone in the group"
- 2. embrace, hug, bosom, squeeze, clasp
- usage: squeeze (someone) tightly in your arms, usually with fondness; "Hug me, please"; "They embraced"; "He hugged her close to him"
- 3. espouse, embrace, adopt, sweep up, accept
- usage: take up the cause, ideology, practice, method, of someone and use it as one's own; "She embraced Catholicism"; "They adopted the Jewish faith"