Synonyms for employment
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. employment, employ, state
- usage: the state of being employed or having a job; "they are looking for employment"; "he was in the employ of the city"
- 2. employment, work, occupation, business, job, line of work, line
- usage: the occupation for which you are paid; "he is looking for employment"; "a lot of people are out of work"
- 3. employment, engagement, action
- usage: the act of giving someone a job
- 4. use, usage, utilization, utilisation, employment, exercise, activity
- usage: the act of using; "he warned against the use of narcotic drugs"; "skilled in the utilization of computers"