Synonyms for emptying
- 1. emptying, voidance, evacuation, removal, remotion
- usage: the act of removing the contents of something
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. empty, change, alter, modify
- usage: make void or empty of contents; "Empty the box"; "The alarm emptied the building"
- 2. empty, discharge, change state, turn
- usage: become empty or void of its content; "The room emptied"
- 3. vacate, empty, abandon, leave, go forth, go away
- usage: leave behind empty; move out of; "You must vacate your office by tonight"
- 4. empty, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove; "Empty the water"
- 5. evacuate, void, empty, excrete, egest, eliminate, pass
- usage: excrete or discharge from the body