Synonyms for encampment
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. campsite, campground, camping site, camping ground, bivouac, encampment, camping area, site, land site
- usage: a site where people on holiday can pitch a tent
- 2. camp, encampment, cantonment, bivouac, military quarters
- usage: temporary living quarters specially built by the army for soldiers; "wherever he went in the camp the men were grumbling"
- 3. camping, encampment, bivouacking, tenting, inhabitancy, inhabitation, habitation
- usage: the act of encamping and living in tents in a camp