Synonyms for encompassing
- 1. embrace, encompass, comprehend, cover, include
- usage: include in scope; include as part of something broader; have as one's sphere or territory; "This group encompasses a wide range of people from different backgrounds"; "this should cover everyone in the group"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. across-the-board, all-embracing, all-encompassing, all-inclusive, blanket(prenominal), broad, encompassing, extensive, panoptic, wide, comprehensive (vs. noncomprehensive)
- usage: broad in scope or content; "across-the-board pay increases"; "an all-embracing definition"; "blanket sanctions against human-rights violators"; "an invention with broad applications"; "a panoptic study of Soviet nationality"- T.G.Winner; "granted him wide powers"
- 2. encompassing(prenominal), surrounding(prenominal), circumferent, close (vs. distant)
- usage: closely encircling; "encompassing mountain ranges"; "the surrounding countryside"