Synonyms for enduring
- 1. digest, endure, stick out, stomach, bear, stand, tolerate, support, brook, abide, suffer, put up, permit, allow, let, countenance
- usage: put up with something or somebody unpleasant; "I cannot bear his constant criticism"; "The new secretary had to endure a lot of unprofessional remarks"; "he learned to tolerate the heat"; "She stuck out two years in a miserable marriage"
- 2. weather, endure, brave, brave out, defy, withstand, hold, hold up
- usage: face and withstand with courage; "She braved the elements"
- 3. survive, last, live, live on, go, endure, hold up, hold out
- usage: continue to live through hardship or adversity; "We went without water and food for 3 days"; "These superstitions survive in the backwaters of America"; "The race car driver lived through several very serious accidents"; "how long can a person last without food and water?"
- 4. suffer, endure, experience, see, go through
- usage: undergo or be subjected to; "He suffered the penalty"; "Many saints suffered martyrdom"
- 5. wear, hold out, endure, last, endure
- usage: last and be usable; "This dress wore well for almost ten years"
- 6. last, endure, measure
- usage: persist for a specified period of time; "The bad weather lasted for three days"
- 7. prevail, persist, die hard, run, endure, continue
- usage: continue to exist; "These stories die hard"; "The legend of Elvis endures"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. abiding, enduring, imperishable, permanent (vs. impermanent), lasting
- usage: unceasing; "an abiding belief"; "imperishable truths"
- 2. enduring, long-suffering, patient (vs. impatient)
- usage: patiently bearing continual wrongs or trouble; "an enduring disposition"; "a long-suffering and uncomplaining wife"