Synonyms for enquiry
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. question, inquiry, enquiry, query, interrogation, questioning, inquiring
- usage: an instance of questioning; "there was a question about my training"; "we made inquiries of all those who were present"
- 2. inquiry, enquiry, research, problem solving
- usage: a search for knowledge; "their pottery deserves more research than it has received"
- 3. inquiry, enquiry, investigation, investigating
- usage: a systematic investigation of a matter of public interest