Synonyms for equilibrium
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. equilibrium, situation, state of affairs
- usage: a stable situation in which forces cancel one another
- 2. chemical equilibrium, equilibrium, chemical reaction, reaction
- usage: a chemical reaction and its reverse proceed at equal rates
- 3. balance, equilibrium, equipoise, counterbalance, structure, construction
- usage: equality of distribution
- 4. equilibrium, labyrinthine sense, vestibular sense, sense of balance, sense of equilibrium, proprioception
- usage: a sensory system located in structures of the inner ear that registers the orientation of the head