Synonyms for eristic
- 1. disputant, controversialist, eristic, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: a person who disputes; who is good at or enjoys controversy
- 2. eristic, art, artistry, prowess
- usage: the art of logical disputation (especially if specious)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. eristic, eristical, argumentative (vs. unargumentative)
- usage: given to disputation for its own sake and often employing specious arguments