Synonyms for eroding
- 1. erosion, eroding, eating away, wearing, wearing away, geological process, geologic process
- usage: (geology) the mechanical process of wearing or grinding something down (as by particles washing over it)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. erode, gnaw, gnaw at, eat at, wear away, decay, crumble, dilapidate
- usage: become ground down or deteriorate; "Her confidence eroded"
- 2. erode, eat away, fret, damage
- usage: remove soil or rock; "Rain eroded the terraces"