Synonyms for estranging
- 1. estrange, take out, move out, remove
- usage: remove from customary environment or associations; "years of boarding school estranged the child from her home"
- 2. estrange, alienate, alien, disaffect, change, alter, modify
- usage: arouse hostility or indifference in where there had formerly been love, affection, or friendliness; "She alienated her friends when she became fanatically religious"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. estranging, disorienting (vs. orienting)
- usage: making one feel out of place or alienated; "the landscape was estranging"