Synonyms for evacuate
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. evacuate, move
- usage: move out of an unsafe location into safety; "After the earthquake, residents were evacuated"
- 2. evacuate, empty
- usage: empty completely; "evacuate the bottle"
- 3. evacuate, displace
- usage: move people from their homes or country
- 4. evacuate, empty
- usage: create a vacuum in (a bulb, flask, reaction vessel)
- 5. evacuate, void, empty, excrete, egest, eliminate, pass
- usage: excrete or discharge from the body