Synonyms for exaggeration
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. hyperbole, exaggeration, trope, figure of speech, figure, image
- usage: extravagant exaggeration
- 2. exaggeration, increase, step-up
- usage: the act of making something more noticeable than usual; "the dance involved a deliberate exaggeration of his awkwardness"
- 3. exaggeration, overstatement, magnification, misrepresentation, deceit, deception
- usage: making to seem more important than it really is