Synonyms for excavation
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. excavation, digging, dig, creating by removal
- usage: the act of digging; "there's an interesting excavation going on near Princeton"
- 2. dig, excavation, archeological site, site, land site
- usage: the site of an archeological exploration; "they set up camp next to the dig"
- 3. excavation, artifact, artefact
- usage: a hole in the ground made by excavating
- 4. mining, excavation, production
- usage: the act of extracting ores or coal etc from the earth