Synonyms for exceptional
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. exceeding, exceptional, olympian, prodigious, surpassing, extraordinary (vs. ordinary)
- usage: far beyond what is usual in magnitude or degree; "a night of exceeding darkness"; "an exceptional memory"; "olympian efforts to save the city from bankruptcy"; "the young Mozart's prodigious talents"
- 2. especial(prenominal), exceptional, particular(prenominal), special, uncommon (vs. common)
- usage: surpassing what is common or usual or expected; "he paid especial attention to her"; "exceptional kindness"; "a matter of particular and unusual importance"; "a special occasion"; "a special reason to confide in her"; "what's so special about the year 2000?"
- 3. exceptional(prenominal), abnormal (vs. normal)
- usage: deviating widely from a norm of physical or mental ability; used especially of children below normal in intelligence; "special educational provisions for exceptional children"