Synonyms for exempt
- 1. exempt, relieve, free
- usage: grant relief or an exemption from a rule or requirement to; "She exempted me from the exam"
- 2. excuse, relieve, let off, exempt, absolve, justify, free
- usage: grant exemption or release to; "Please excuse me from this class"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. exempt (vs. nonexempt), excused, immune, privileged
- usage: (of persons) freed from or not subject to an obligation or liability (as e.g. taxes) to which others or other things are subject; "a beauty somehow exempt from the aging process"; "exempt from jury duty"; "only the very poorest citizens should be exempt from income taxes"
- 2. nontaxable (vs. taxable), exempt, duty-free, tax-exempt, tax-free, untaxed, unratable, exempt
- usage: (of goods or funds) not subject to taxation; "the funds of nonprofit organizations are nontaxable"; "income exempt from taxation"