Synonyms for exemption
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. exemption, freedom, unsusceptibility, immunity
- usage: immunity from an obligation or duty
- 2. exemption, tax write-off, tax deduction, deduction
- usage: a deduction allowed to a taxpayer because of his status (having certain dependents or being blind or being over 65 etc.); "additional exemptions are allowed for each dependent"
- 3. exemption, immunity, granting immunity, release, waiver, discharge
- usage: an act exempting someone; "he was granted immunity from prosecution"