Synonyms for exercising
- 1. exercise, exercising, physical exercise, physical exertion, workout, effort, elbow grease, exertion, travail, sweat
- usage: the activity of exerting your muscles in various ways to keep fit; "the doctor recommended regular exercise"; "he did some exercising"; "the physical exertion required by his work kept him fit"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. exert, exercise, use, utilize, utilise, apply, employ
- usage: put to use; "exert one's power or influence"
- 2. practice, practise, exercise, do
- usage: carry out or practice; as of jobs and professions; "practice law"
- 3. exercise, work, work out, work, put to work
- usage: give a workout to; "Some parents exercise their infants"; "My personal trainer works me hard"; "work one's muscles"; "this puzzle will exercise your mind"
- 4. exercise, work out
- usage: do physical exercise; "She works out in the gym every day"
- 5. drill, exercise, practice, practise, learn, study, read, take
- usage: learn by repetition; "We drilled French verbs every day"; "Pianists practice scales"